Our new Sonic bracket has been designed as the successor to the J2, which has been a somewhat ignored part of our range. With this update it brings our new generation fit range to a wider range of price points, replacing the J2 bracket. The Ergo armrest has been created to offer both a huge upgrade in fit range as well as increased rider comfort with a supportive curve to cup the arms.
The Sonic/Ergo is designed to present minimal frontal area to create as little aerodynamic drag as possible. The main purpose of an aerobar is, of course, to get the rider into a fast position despite a fairly minimalist appearance the Sonic/Ergo offers a comprehensive fit range for exactly this purpose.
- Armrest Offset: -70mm to -2.5mm in 7.5mm steps
- Armrest Width: 124mm to 290mm in 18.5mm steps (With Extensions at 100mm)
- Armrest Stack: 60mm (no riser kit) to 130mm in 5mm increments (With aftermarket Riser Kit)
The extension length and rotation can be easily adjusted using the top bolt.
There are 100 distinct position options achievable just by moving the armrests. Combine that with the risers and this bar offers 1500 possible configurations. As a clip on bar it is also possible to adjust the extension width and tilt easily. This is the most adjustable clip on bar on the market (and in history).
It is worth noting that our previous top level clip on aerobar, the J4/F35, offered 90 possible configurations. This highlights the significant step forward we’ve made with our new generation aerobars in allowing riders to precisely adjust their position.
After we released the Supersonic (J5) as a premium bracket with market leading fit options and versatility we wanted to bring the same kind of options to the rest of our range of brackets and thus aerobars. By simplifying the extension clamp and shifting the wing forward to the bar centerline we were able to meet our targets. As a consequence of the simplification the Sonic is the lightest of our current brackets.
The Ergo armrest shares the flappable design of the rest of our new generation armrests. By swapping sides or rotating the armrests smaller increments of movement are achieved – making it simple to fine tune a riders position or match the position from their previous aerobar or bike.
- The 4525a extensions have a first section at 45° and the grip at 25°. The rider can choose whether to hold high for the shrugged position or low for a more open, head up position.
- The 4525a offer a 7.5mm lateral shift per side. This allows the rider to get their hands narrower or wider without tilting the extensions so much that the shifters touch.
Torque settings (all bolts are M6)
- Bar Clamp: 6Nm
- Extension Clamp: 6Nm
- Armrest Bolts: 4.7Nm
- Bracket: 234g
- Armrest: 130g
- Extensions: 195g
- Total: 559g